Friday, June 3, 2011

Another 40-day Challenge!

I love hot tea. I don't drink it as often as I would/should. Especially in the summer. But with the recent revelation my Rheumatologist has had (he's drank the Ayurvedic kool-aid), I'm thinking I should give my hot teas a second chance at changing my life. See, Dr. P. is quite the skeptic, pretty conservative, and comes from old school medicine. "That eastern medicine new age crap is for hippies!" But he's recently done a lot of research on Ayurveda and has consulted with peeps at the Chopra Institute. So all I'm saying is, if Dr. P. thinks this lifestyle has changed his life and has value, I'm inclined to jump on board too.

After some research, I realized that some of the stuff I already enjoy in moderation are in line with Ayurvedic treatments. Turmeric is one of my favorite spices and who knew all of the awesome healing powers it apparently possesses! The Schizandra (or Schisandra) berry is another thing. I love the White Schizandra tea from Zhi Tea, but I had no idea that it could be a massive boost to my metabolic system. Go metabolism! Speed up, old friend!

Therefore, through my research and with some encouragement from Dr. P. I've settled on a few things that I can do to see if really my body will change in a positive way. Enter 40-Day Challenge #2. For the next 40 days I will be doing the following:

~ Starting every single day with a cup of Oolong Tea (my fave is the Dong Ding Oolong at Zhi Tea)
~ Have a Zrii shake at lunch every work day, free days on the weekend.
~ Have a cup of White Schizandra Tea mid-afternoon every day.

In other news, the yoga journey continues. I'm hitting about 2 classes a week, also I do a few sun salutations every night or morning. I'm also going to start reading Christina Sell's two books. Her first one is Yoga From the Inside Out: Making Peace with Your Body Through Yoga. I'm excited to read it because, let's be honest, if there was anything I learned from the first 40-day challenge it's that I NEED to make peace with my insides. Guts, soul...all of it. Her brand new book (not even in stores yet, but I got it online) is My Body is a Temple. Because, hells yeah I want my body to be a temple! Isn't that one of my ultimate goals? To see myself this way? YES.

I'm excited to share this next journey with you. Please feel free to ask questions, leave comments, etc.

Namaste.

1 comment: