Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Yoga Nidra

Sunday's 108 Sun Salutation practice left me in massive pain. Sore muscles and sore other things I didn't know COULD be sore. Ouch. Lifting a glass to drink water was painful. But at the same time I felt fantastic, accomplished and I had this constant urge to do half Sun Salutations. And while that's all well and good, I knew I needed to quiet my mind and my body.

Day 15 I went to my first Yoga Nidra class. Yoga Nidra is a guided meditation done mostly while laying on the back in a prop supported Savasana. What I didn't expect, but experienced and now understand, is that Yoga Nidra is an extremely personal and private experience. So all I will say about last night's class is this:

1) I finally understand what the books and yoga teachers mean when they say yoga isn't just a physical practice; that I can be "practicing" yoga without asanas.

2) I had an amazing experience in class and look forward to going each week to deepen my Yoga Nidra practice.

I hope you are all well and taking good care of yourself. Whatever you've chosen to change in your life for 40 days and beyond, may you be supported, motivated, and loved.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment