Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 37

Can you even believe it's been 37 days?! I cannot. I feel like I just did my first class less than a week ago. Which is fun, because every time I go to a class it's like it is new to me in some ways, though some ways not. I'm always learning something new, though. This past weekend, I stumbled into a Hatha Star class taught by Kim, who teaches Anusara Yoga. In short, I ended up (on purpose) with my hands on the ground and my feet on the wall behind me, above my head and waist. It was AWESOME. It looked something like this, though not as graceful. :)


I'm changing the focus of this blog slightly because, obviously, this journey isn't just for 40 days. I really enjoy sharing what I learn along the way and I know that my learning has only just begun so this blog will continue on after Day 40. Just now I feel like I'm getting into a routine of what classes I want to go to when and which instructors seem to be the best fit for me. I've also had this insane craving to start running, which I've never done before (and have always despised the idea of), however there's a VERY large community of runners who yoga or yogis who run online and in Austin. We'll see where this new itch takes me.

Friday is the 40th day of the challenge and although I haven't been to an actual class everyday, I've found a way to practice Yoga in some Sutra form, everyday. And it really has made an incredible difference in my life. Stay tuned for Day 40 when I list all of the changes I've noticed!

Namaste.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! glad i found this blog!


    check out mine? I'm a photographer!

    www.electricbrandon.com

    If you want, follow it and I'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete